Friday, May 18, 2012

Fat 2 Fit Radio

Starvation seems to be the method of all the commercial weight loss programs out there.  Anorexia is the goal of gastric bypass surgery.  This is insanity!  No, really, if you are anorexic or starving yourself for "health", I do believe that you are nuts! 

Fat 2 Fit Radio is an amazing podcast and website that is dedicated to sanity in weight loss.  The whole premise is that one needs to eat above their basal metabolic needs in order to lose weight.  Go to the site and check it out.  Starvation is not the answer.  Undereating is not the solution to overeating. 

My BMR is 2189 calories per day.  That is how much my body needs if it were in a coma!  I need to eat above that in order to be healthy.  That means that, in order to not slow my metabolism, I need to eat about 2200 calories per day.  I will lose around 1/2-2 pounds per week, depending on activity levels.  Today I'm eating vegan so I just can't get those calories in because I'm too full.  Tomorrow morning is my splurge breakfast of scrambled eggs and cheese with toast.  Those extra calories will help me keep my calories up.

My weekend splurges have left me feeling a bit sick on Monday and Tuesday as my body recovers.  I think I need to take it easy.  This weekend we're doing pizza with salad and fruit (or dairy bar) on Saturday night and we'll grill some red meat on Sunday.  Maybe the dairy bar will be Sunday if it's not Saturday.  In any event, I'm not going nuts this weekend.

Weight 313.  

No comments:

Post a Comment