- processed, calorically dense foods make you fat
- eating less doesn't make you thin
- exercising more is not the magic bullet that makes you thin
- thermodynamics does NOT apply to weight loss, it's NOT a simple matter of calories in and calories out. If you restrict calories, your body will simply burn fewer calories.
- obese people can and often are undernurished and even starving
Thursday, June 14, 2012
Why we get fat
Stumbled across this compelling talk. This fellow is a low-carb guy, but I didn't dismiss him out of hand because he looks healthy. He is saying something very similar to what Drs McDougall, Esselstyn, and Barnard. "Processed, calorically dense and nutrient poor foods make you fat."